Tuesday, November 4, 2014

That Half-Off Candy Sure Comes In Handy

Happy whatever-this-day is!! I know it's a Rest Day because I didn't run. But, I've been a little lost on what the actual day is since getting up. It being an election day should have tipped me off. But, it didn't. I was pleased to vote, though, so I did actually accomplish one solid thing today!

Wait ... a ... minute, what am I saying? I accomplished more than one thing. Check THIS out:
I bought that turkey at a craft fair a hundred years ago. It came with its feathers as cellophane-wrapped suckers. It was fabulous! However, there are only so many suckers one (family) will eat, not to mention you have to buy a huge bag of them to get the 23 required to dress the turkey butt. So, this turkey sat bare-down-there in storage for a few years until I had the idea last year to use cut-down skewers and Halloween candy.

(Whadda ya know ... I took a picture of it ...)
Last year's turkey served its purpose; this year's is way better! The only issue I had putting this year's together is that the bag of peanut butter cups (of course, on half-price) gave me an exact number to divide and use them. Drat!

Pit Crew #3 has assigned himself a immediate new project. He's trying to figure out how to work it so this turkey becomes a Countdown To Thanksgiving (because having a daily piece of chocolate to count down to Halloween and Christmas aren't enough around here?! Ha!). He's factoring in how many Reese's are on there, how many days 'til Thanksgiving and, bonus, his sister. He did not factor me in, though. What the heck?!

I'll let you know the outcome of him running his own numbers! I might do some thinking about it on my run tomorrow. It'll be a great distractor. It'll also probably be a big fail because, chances are, I'll come up with a great plan only to get home and realize I ran the numbers wrong. Because that's what I do when I run: Incorrect Math.

We'll see how all of that plays out tomorrow! I'll check in then ... on whatever day tomorrow is!

No comments:

Post a Comment