Sunday, November 23, 2014

Perfect Start

'Tis the season to ask this question: If you see this on a box that has been mailed to you ...
... what movie do you think of?!

(Intended answer: A Christmas Story ... The dad receives a prize he won in a contest, and it's marked FRAGILE. He studies it before saying, "Fra -- gee -- lay ... 'must be Italian." It makes us laugh every. single. time. And, t-minus about a week before we break that movie out for multiple viewings!)

Anyway ... I had not yet decided whether or not this was going to be a morning to run when I went to bed last night. I weighed the pros and cons, and the verdict seemed six of one, half a dozen of the other, so I decided to let the morning just happen. If I got up early enough and with enough energy, then I'd run. If I slept in, so be it.

Option number two is what happened, and it was exactly the way it should have been. So many mornings, I use running to get myself going. And, then there are other mornings that let me know I need to stop and refuel ... ahhhhh ...

Elly's not breathing such sighs of relief these days. Unfortunately, I think Friday's outing irritated everything she's been healing up and then some. She was moping around here for most of yesterday, and, this morning, she still wasn't quite right. Then, I saw her work on eating her breakfast, and she was having a difficult time lowering her head all the way down. We've been through this one with her before: straining a chest muscle. ARGH!
Such a condition requires elevating the food and water bowls
for at least a week. Good thing Lizzy's there to supervise.
I can't seem to get it right for her these days. And, while I'm not even sure Friday's run is what aggravated this, I have to put it in the realm of possibilities. I'm thinking Elly is going to be on one-mile walks through the end of the year, then we'll just start her over from the beginning! Poor puppy ...
"Most days, it's really not hard being me. Then, there are those
I like to call the 'other' days ... *sigh* ..."
I'm ready to hunker down into a cozy evening just chillin', how 'bout you?! Wrap up your weekend exactly the way you want, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment