Monday, February 18, 2013

Handing Out the Credit

Hello, Monday!! Heading out for a run was a great way to start off the day! If nothing else, I was assured of this one accomplishment! HA!

It took no time before feeling like I was taking this run to task. (That's not typical Monday-speak!!) I mean to tell you I was cruising right along clearly faster than I usually go but seemingly without the required effort to do so. Hmmm ... intriguing ...

Now, I'm a huge believer in not just understanding what is happening in my life but also identifying why (so as to either repeat or run like crazy away from the cause!). And, for as much time as I've spent over the years figuring out why something about a run is a struggle, it's just as important to figure out why I'm suddenly so studly something is going right.

That being said, I had to give credit where credit was due: There was a strong wind behind me! I would have loved for my sudden speed to have been all about me, but it was actually good to realize what was going on because in about another mile, I was going to turn around and head straight into that same wind. That's never good for the ego! But, at least I was prepared for what was coming!

In other reports of giving credit where due, I have to give a nod to our continued use of the Jane Fonda DVD I bought after Christmas. (Yup, "our" use ... Aaron still does it with me. He's kind of part of the challenge because he makes me laugh and I then have to figure out how to maintain balance or form or whatever.) Anyway, remember that part of the DVD's big focus is building balance, and I'm pretty certain that extra work paid off big time at today's 2-mile mark. I was crossing the street to a sidewalk when I admittedly distracted myself by what could have been (but, really, looked nothing like) a penny. I spent far too long visually wishing the blob would transform into a coin and not long enough directing my feet. I saw my left foot kick the very curb I knew was coming, and I knew in that instant that there was a 50-50 shot I was about to be best friends with the sidewalk. I was totally disinterested in taking another dive so soon after my splat earlier this year especially with cars right there waiting at the stop light.

I could tell my flail was pretty spectacular as my right arm and leg stretched out as far as they would go to compensate for the left foot that stayed behind. I'm certain such form called for some theme music! With meerly a teeter to rebalance, I continued on my way as though nothing happened. Thank you, Jane Fonda!

Had Elly been with me, I'm pretty sure I would have tumbled right over her, so I was glad to find a real purpose in leaving her behind this morning. You know, a purpose with which she could totally get on board.
"You left me behind? I already forgot because you're right here
in front of me, mommy. That's all I care about. That and how
yummy you smell right now. Get yourself ready for a Slurrrp! "
Me and my trainer -- Doesn't she look
oh-so-very proud?!
Oh, and check out the penny I did find. You know, the one that actually existed and I didn't almost fall down trying to see:
This penny had a hard start to the week, don'tcha think?
It's like Salvador Dali created it only not quite as weird. I'm
keeping this one with the half-of-a-penny I found last year and
will put a usable penny in its place in the Food Bank bank!
In one further order of business today, I'm excited to report that I have another HUGE SHOUT OUT today!! It goes out to my friend Shanna who has signed up with her daughter to participate in her first-ever 5K this Spring!!

WAHOO, SHANNA!!!!!!!!!

I just found out last night and I'm so excited to cheer them on!!!! They're going to have a GREAT time reaching this goal together!!! I'm so stoked for them!!!

With that, it's on to Rest Day tomorrow, and you'll hear no complaints from me about that! Start your day off just the way you want, and I'll be checking in from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment