Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Elly: Child Dog

Ahh, today started out so much better than yesterday! I'd credit it to running first thing in the morning, but I think it's actually that the computer's auto-fill password situation is behaving today. It's the little things.

Speaking of little things, I have to report that this morning's three were more treacherous than you'd expect. I thought the issue was going to be the cold because the wind chill was supposed to feel like it was 9 degrees out. It totally felt warmer than that, so I don't know who decided 9. Anyway, what today's issue boiled down to is the fact that where Elly used to jump in alarm when a truck or bus passed us, she now startles and jumps right in front of me. And, I do mean right in front. At my feet. It is a wonder I didn't go over the top of her at least three times in the first mile. It's a good time. (I'd take an action shot picture, but do you really think I see it coming?)

It's also a good time when she takes forever to scope out a place to do her business. Multiple times. Is there a question why she doesn't get to join me for the weekend long runs? Just sayin'.

She's cute, though. It's like when you have a small child and that small child is totally annoying you in a moment but then you step back and fall in love with how cute s/he is. Yeah, Elly's like a small child.
"I am like a small child, mommy, and I
should be cherished accordingly. I'm also
like a super model ... check me out ..."
" ... is this my best side? ..."
" ... or, is this? I know, it's hard to choose
because they're both so good."
I've always said you deserve to feel awesome and celebrate yourself after you exercise; Elly is no exception!

We logged our miles, we found a dime, we're all set to face Wednesday! Have yourself a good one, and we'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment