Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finally: A Great Treadmill Run

I woke up early this morning knowing it was likely a treadmill day. And, I was okay with that. THEN it hit me that my 3-mile Wednesdays likely jumped to 4 miles today, and that's when I got a little growly!! Grrrrr ... It's not the 4 miles. It's the 4 miles on a treadmill. But, you already knew that.

With a wee attitude adjustment, I got up and looked outside:
Another inch or so was on top of what we
had yesterday with more drifting down!
That little bit of powder had a big possibility
of slippery running conditions. An inside
run was confirmed!
Elly tried to convince me that we could go out. She didn't spend too long on that, though, and decided it better to just surrender:
"Pleeeeease, mommy, pleeee ... oh, nevermind."
Fortunately, the DVR was working to perfection today, so I had plenty of show options. Today's choice: Monday's The Biggest Loser.
Excellent viewing and a really, really
dirty treadmill. No wonder that machine
is mean ... it's angered over its care.
I had a moment of panic when I couldn't find the headphone adapter, but that was quickly remedied by PC#3 tracking it down for me. Whew!
Thanks Pit Crew!! He brought me a water bottle, too. And,
Aaron set up the treadmill in the first place. I am a lucky gal!
Given this past week has been so out of whack and I've been putting so much snow play on top of the normal groove of life, I knew this run had great potential to be a morning buzz kill. However, remarkably, it was exactly the opposite! There was even a moment where I figured I'd just hit a half mile only to look down and see I just passed a mile and a quarter. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! Ahh ... this was a treadmill experience I've been waiting for! It may never happen again ... but, it might! I now have hope!

Fun little moment -- two of the Biggest Loser contestants went on a hike, and they filmed it with a hand-held camera.
The contestants thought they were going
up the hill to see the Hollywood sign. It
turned out they were on the wrong hill.
I would totally do that.
Because of their technology, I almost fell off of mine: Their filming was so herky-jerky that it literally made me dizzy with the tv right in front of my face. That would have been just excellent. Runrunrunsplat!

Fortunately, I made it through (but, I did look away before their hike finished! I was seriously going down soon!) and could not believe how much I felt I'd rocked that run!
There I am with my friend Jillian. And, I
am victorious. She would be totally proud
of me.
PC#3 was right there to congratulate me. The cranky kitty wanted nothing to do with the celebration, though:
"There's nothing about what you were just doing that looked
fun, but had you fallen, that would have been excellent."
I gave her some love anyway:
"Ser-i-ous-ly, mommy. You smell. Back off."
I really have no idea where I'll be running tomorrow, I just know it's going to happen! Three miles are on the schedule, so I'll check in after they're checked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment