Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Don't Make Decisions At 4 A.M.

The idea of going out for a run first thing in the morning is really dampered when you are jolted awake by a kitty on your bed threatening to hack up a hairball. At 4 a.m.
"I don't remember 4 a.m."
But, that's when you remind yourself that it's only 4 a.m. And, 4 a.m. is not when anyone should have to decide how they feel about much of anything ... least of all going on a run! (You do get there was a day when I would have totally justified blowing off the morning plan with the excuse that I was up for 90 seconds at 4 in the morning, right?)

The later wake-up call brought on a much more enthusiastic attitude toward today's run! Also inspiring was coming across some big bank in the road on the way to my starting point! I mean, I always check out intersections for random coins. Some I'm able to retrieve while others I have to leave behind given my responsibility to the flow of traffic. Today, a peaceful intersection and an easy place to pull over resulted in this:
50 very beaten up cents!! Cha-ching !!
That's a great way to start the morning, huh? (Way better than the hairball hacking!) It was cool to head on out knowing that the Food Bank alread had a nice contribution from the day before I even took a step!

Speaking of steps, those in my first mile were rather annoying. Because of this:
That's it?! That is what has been annoying me this whole time?
Indeed. That's it.
I kept hoping it would roll off to the side inside my shoe so I didn't have to stop and deal with it. No such luck. By the way, it's pretty funny that I'm all annoyed having to stop to deal with the boulder in my shoe, but I have no problem stopping to do such things as send back the ol' Netflix:
The last disc available of The Good Wife.
*sigh*
I guess the difference is stopping because I'm annoyed versus stopping for something I want.

Elly had some wants this morning, too:
"I want to go over heeerrreeee ..."
" ... because I smell bacon!! Let's gooooooo!!"
The smell of bacon permeated the air right there. I couldn't blame the girl for wanting to ditch the route and find it!

Even though the run was going along just fine, and I'd even found a couple of pennies!, by this point, I had my own want -- frankly, I just wanted to be finished! I had a lunch date with a friend and other things to get done, so I was good and ready to round these miles out and get on with the day! I looked ready to be finished, too:
That's some awesome hair!
With that, we wrapped it up and headed home where Lizzy took care of the morning's accounting:
"It's all there, mommy."
It's another running day tomorrow! It'll be a great way to start off Valentine's Day -- taking care of the heart! We'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment