Sunday, February 10, 2013

Able To Take the Next Step

Someone took extra advantage of this Rest Day. Guess who.
You guessed it.
Meanwhile, we spent the day visiting with my parents. Given it's almost Valentine's Day, the youngest Crewers did some crafting for their grandparents:
Oh my gosh, I could just eat them up. The
kids. Because they're so cute. But, I won't.
We visited and had lunch. When we're with them, my parents like to order out which we also love. I took the opportunity to try the Applebee's Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp. It's on their Weight Watchers menu and is gooo-ooood!
Do you see that lime in the foreground? Yeah, I didn't see it
until I had two bites of shrimp left. What a tool. Oh, and I know
it looks like a mess, but (a) it's in a take-out box, and (b) I spent
no time trying to make it look nice and just took the picture
before drawing attention to myself in an audience unlikely to
really get why I was at the table with a camera ...
When I started running, I wanted to focus on both exercise and nutrition in my life. I knew I would fail at both if I took both on at the same time. So, I chose running. With four years of running not just behind me but now a no-brainer ingrained in my daily life, I am finally to the point where I've made it important to keep a keen eye on my calorie intake. Yes, it has taken all four years. And, that's okay.

I've been stunned at the revelations I've made with regard to what I eat on a normal basis both with what's been high and what's been low in calories. While working to keep that in check and enjoy a restaurant meal, I did some investigating and found this dish. It only has 300 calories, and it was delicious! Holy yum!! That's a great eat-out choice if you can ignore it's $11 price tag (um, remember I pick up every penny I find on the nasty ol' ground ...). When grilling season returns, we'll be working to replicate this at home, and I already can't wait! Even the zucchini -- which I tend to not like -- was delish. And, both the portion size and the calorie intake left room for a guilt-free small treat after the meal. Whee!!

Speaking of nutrition, I had to share a funny for the day:
I don't happen to agree with the sentiment, but I do understand it! 'Cracked me up!

Tomorrow's Monday, and you know that means kicking off the week with a run! Elly's mighty excited, too. She just doesn't yet realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment