Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Body Follows the Mind. Crazy.

I knew there was rain in today's forecast, but I did not know when it was to come. Before getting dressed, I saw it had rained, but it was not raining. Ah, the perfect window to sneak in my run, right?

Some hopes are dashed fast. My get-it-in-quick intention doesn't work very well when you have no idea what to expect. (See: aforementioned forecast ignorance.) I was all dressed and ready to go when I received a phone call from Aaron telling me, in case I didn't already know ... which I didn't ... that it was raining. MAN! While the news was a drag, it sure is nice that Aaron is equally invested in my running adventures just in different ways than I! That call was quintessential Pit Crew love. Excellent.

Elly, however, was not feeling the love. She was eagerly waiting on me to take her out when I told her those words she hates: "Not today, Elly."
"Aw, MAN!"
My sentiments exactly.
So, out came the treadmill with its accompanying subsequent workout from moving everything out of the way to accommodate it. Nothing like a little cross-train to warm you up for a run, huh?

Fortunately, as we're still going through the Netflix The Good Wife  discs, we are plenty back-logged on the ol' dvr. So, there was plenty to pick from to entertain myself for just two miles. I don't need much inspiration to do two; I just need to get them done! No excuses. No whining. Just shut up and do it.

Have I ever mentioned that running seems to be more about the mental game than the physical ability? Crazy how that works.

With a quick on and a quick off, the miles were finished, and I was on with my day. And, how ironic that when the Facebook-check time of my day rolled around that this is what was posted on the I Love To Run page:
... Um, not 'til someone else is buying my shoes and/or taking
care of my feet that I'll tear up by running in wet shoes and
socks. Just sayin'.
With that, it's on to Rest Day tomorrow! It's been a very long Thursday -- I'm totally looking forward to the morning of (hopefully!) nothing. Ahhh ... See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment