Monday, July 20, 2015

Wash Out

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 608.4 (running: 436.9; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $50.17
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 608.4 Aaron: 373.3 (b: 338.6; w: 34.7)  Elly: 126 Total: 1107.7

"My morning is going exactly as planned."
My morning schedule was completely foiled by a huge downpour! I knew it was supposed to rain, but, I hoped it would just rain and leave out the lightening and rain so hard you can't see through it jazz. (That didn't stop me from dropping off my recycling and getting shower-worthy soaked doing it, though!) I considered waiting it out, but I didn't know how long that would mean and if I could get a good run in in between predicted bouts of rain. So, I opted for the bike and the DVR. That tends to be a winning combination!

A ride on the bike also tends to make my next run better. I think it's from mixing up the muscles and working them different. I'm not really sure, but I still haven't incorporated the bike in to a normal routine because, frankly, I just like to be outside when exercising! To each his or her own ...

So, even though the morning didn't start off the way I expected or even wanted, it was still a great start. I capped off my workout with one of my favorite breakfasts of spouted bread, egg white French toast ...
I know I shared this the other day, but it's just that good. I forgot to mention then that I generously sprinkle each piece with powdered, sugar free French vanilla creamer, and it's so so so good!! I got that idea from Hungry Girl a couple of years ago, and no piece of French toast around here has been made without it since!

While I relaxed with my breakfast, Elly continued to keep me company the same as she did while I was on the bike:
"No run. Got told to get away from the bike because I was too
close to the pedals, whatever that means. No one shared
breakfast with me. Have to potty in the rain. *sigh*"
Even if things don't go the way you thought, I hope there are options to keep them moving forward for you today! Have a great start to the week, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment