Saturday, July 11, 2015

It All Worked Out

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 583 (running: 423.5; walking: 26.7; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $49.27
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 578.8 Aaron: 373.3 (b: 338.6; w: 34.7)  Elly: 122.9 Total: 1079.2

So, that almost-week off was definitely the right call. My world got busy enough that I didn't even miss running because I had no time to do so! It was stuffed full of super-busy work and life stuff plus a whole mess of fun stuff, and it all ended up balancing out in the end. No matter how it wound up, though, I had no time to run, so I'm thankful to have just made the call and taken the pressure of fitting in one more thing.

I love when everything all turns out.

This morning's run with Pit Crew #2 turned out great, too. We both thought we'd be dragging, but we weren't. We intentionally walked a couple of hills so as to get back in the groove without going too far, but our runs in between were unexpectedly strong. It was even hot and humid, so we were mighty proud of ourselves.

PC#2 was almost proud of herself when she slug bugged me.
Why so proud? Because it was ...
... an original slug bug. And, in our family game, an original bug makes one invincible until the car is turned off and the invincibility goes away. Or, in our case, until our run was over and were picked up. DRAT!

PC#2 reminded me that it was really my own fault for putting myself in a position of being hit whenever we'd see more because she doesn't tend to play the game when we run. If it starts at all, it's because of me ... like it was today when I'd already gotten her 4 times before she found this original. Oh, and she didn't even find any more on our run. I guess the joke was on her. Yay, me!

Ooo, in other bonus features of my personal run, check this out:
This was the back of the bathroom door when PC#2 and I made a pit stop. She tends to take one on this route (I think it's turning a bit psychosomatic, but I can understand that), so I decided I would because I could. Then I shut my door and saw the door hanger answer key and thought it was fantastic. And, check this out: As many stops as she has made at this place on this route, PC#2 has never seen this because it's not on the stall door she uses. BAM. Another win for me!

We both won seeing these:
And, whether it sounds corny or not -- which makes no difference to me -- the biggest win was being together.
Love. That. Girl.
My continued aim for Summer is to keep the running at at least 4 days a week. Looking ahead at the upcoming week, that means using tomorrow to head out and run! PC#2 is on board, so we'll be checking in after!! Have a great start to your Sunday! We'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment