Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Refreshing

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 628.6 (running: 457.1; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $51.16
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 628.6 Aaron: 383.8 (b: 349.1; w: 34.7)  Elly: 127 Total: 1139.4


I saw these on my run this morning and thought they were super cool:
Not cool was the weather!
Nice morning for a 'swim'!
It was 78 degrees out, but that didn't account for the heat index! Again, I set a comfortable pace and took as much time as I needed. I even stopped in the middle for a water break in an air-conditioned building and a chat with a friend! So, instead of doing a 4-mile run, I actually did 2 2-milers.

That works for me!

The best part of my break wasn't the air conditioning nor the weather. It was actually that the friend I saw is a former boss of mine who has a way of making everyone around her feel like they can do anything. She just inherently believes in others. She assumes the best in others. She goes after what she sets her sights on and doesn't let anyone get in her way -- nor will she let anyone get in the way of those she believes in.

Many years after being her employee, she just as strongly believes in and cheers whatever it is I'm in to including my running. And, isn't that the kind of person you want in your camp ...!

Make sure you're surrounded by those who hold you in high esteem and have zero desire to tear you down no matter what your endeavors are!! That's the kind of awesome that will carry you through the entire day! Have yourself a great Tuesday, stay cool, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment