Friday, July 24, 2015

Ambition: Not Lacking

So, I'm saying the next time I am contemplating my own ambition or lack thereof or whatever with regard to how many running miles I'm logging this Summer, I should remind myself that Pit Crew #2 and I are engaged in an all-out battle for the ultimate Pool Volleyball title. It's a one-on-one tournament, best of 100.

No, I'm not kidding.

As of this evening, it's 6-3 in my favor. I've told her she does better when she doesn't do a handstand or underwater flip in between every point. I'm not telling her anymore, though.

What I am about to do is convince her that she really wants to go running with me in the morning. My thighs don't really love a run following these volleyball games, by the way. Something about the amount of jumping followed by being asked to lengthen and run seems to aggravate them.

Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow with the outcome and report! Have a great start to your weekend in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment