Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Heat Can't Keep Us Down!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 592.2 (running: 432.7; walking: 26.7; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $49.84
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 592.2 Aaron: 373.3 (b: 338.6; w: 34.7)  Elly: 126 Total: 1091.5

"Running? I think not."
It was another hot and sticky one out there this morning, but it was made better knowing there's a Rest Day scheduled for tomorrow!! YAHOO!! When I don't have a run the next day, I tend to push myself a little harder. That's just how it is.

That did not, however, prevent me from mandating a walk/water break right when Pit Crew #2 and I hit our first mile. As I told her, that was called a Safety Break. Yeah, it was that hot. And gross.

We cruised along rather well, all things considered, and we were thoroughly enjoying our outing. Then, it got even better when someone pulled up alongside of us ... guess who?!?!
It's our friend Juli!! She was one of my original running partners. She was the best because she didn't judge the extent to which I would puff while running laboring up a hill. Everybody needs a running partner and other support just like that. I was fortunate to have many. Anyway, in this morning's encounter, she drove alongside us for a minute while we ran so everyone could exchange morning hellos before she continued on her way to her run's starting point. Gooooooooo, Juli!!!

Like I told her, it's pretty cool how God made us all different enough that she has her route of preference and I have mine, and because a mix of people like different things, we don't overcrowd nor otherwise interfere with one another. Unless, of course, there's someone in a car driving alongside someone running who has someone running alongside her, and that trio stretches across the width of the street. That's overcrowding or otherwise interfering. But, no one was coming, so it was all good.

PC#2 and I continued on our way with just one more little walk break before wrapping it up. To avoid a repeat of yesterday's "Whoops ... forgot to start running again" moment where we walked double what we intended, I asked her, "So, do you want to run any part of this (last hill), or what?" to which PC#2 answered, "Sure."

It turned out that "any part" meant "all of." That wasn't a bad thing. And, even though the humidity sucked the very life out of most of my body, well, that's what tomorrow's Rest Day is for!
Tomorrow's also another check from the kitchen ... things have been goo-ood from there!! 'Can't wait to share ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment