Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Still Going ...!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 612.4 (running: 440.9; walking: 26.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $50.17
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 612.4 Aaron: 373.3 (b: 338.6; w: 34.7)  Elly: 127 Total: 1112.7


I just told Aaron "Um, you need to get your ass in gear," to which he responded while walking into the room, "Oh! About what?!" He saw me updating the Change Hounds progress and immediately understood my reply when I said, "Literally." So, he now knows what he needs to do to keep us on track based on the minimum miles I expect to do before the end of the month. He stated the obvious letting me know he's had a really bad month with this. It brought on a laugh from us both, and now we have a plan moving forward ... literally!
 
Elly deposited a contribution today with a mile run that followed my three. I'd already set sail when I thought to myself, "Huh. This could have been a good morning for Elly to come with me." Given the recent heat and humidity which might make a dog stroke out, I was actually taken by surprise. So, I got in a very solid three (killed it on time -- another unexpected surprise when I wasn't even trying -- remember how I've said that first run out after a string of humid runs is always a super star run?!) before picking up my furry girl to join me.
 
She was soooooo very happy, before - during - after:
It's not an easy thing to keep motivated when there are no immediate goals right in front of you. Speaking for myself, the main goal I have is very long term (Change Hounds wraps up in December ... that's a long way off!). I don't even have an intermediate one going on! I'm totally ready for The Family Summer Run whenever we figure out to do it, so it's been a challenge to stay motivated because sleeping later just sounds better right now!
 
If you're forging on even though there's not a carrot dangling right in front of you, BRAVO. It's just not easy! It's been fun, just not easy!
 
Be proud of whatever efforts you're making in every part of your life, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment