Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Running Evolution

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 371.5 Aaron: 285.5 (b: 261.4; w: 24.1)  Elly: 74.8 Total: 731.8

I saw the most disturbing scene today: A woman was walking out of the gas station while putting money into her wallet. Change fell from her hand to the sidewalk, and she didn't miss a beat continuing on her way. She just walked away.

You know I went and got it. That's 7 more cents for the Food Bank in the on-the-counter jar. That seven cents is a meal from the Bank. Totally not kidding, so, thank you, random lady, for unintentionally feeding someone else!

Before that, though, I saw the best scene: I learned Aaron rides the exercise bike while eating his morning cereal. I walked downstairs to stumble upon this revelation. I laughed. Out loud. He praised himself for his multi-tasking. And, by the fact that he was soaked when finished on the bike, I'd say he has it figured out so it works.

I can hardly eat anything before running any distance, yet he can eat while biking his first couple of miles. Just sayin'.

Okay, one more thing for today: This Faux Girl run is evolving and keeps getting better and better!! I realized today I still have some leftover goods from the GO! run! See?
That's authentic post-run food, baby!!! I was saving them for when I really, really wanted them. And, today, I decided Faux Girl day was the best way to utilize the indulgences!! It's like a real race but not!

If you've not tried those chips ... HOLY MOLY they're awesome! I have backed everyone off my bag. And, as you can see, I had to label my peaches. It's just best that way.

As I keep putting pieces of this next run together, I keep getting more excited! I decided, though, I am not excited enough to start the new training schedule and to maintain the one I always use. There's simply not enough time to ramp up the mileage to the degree it does without wearing myself out entirely. I'll reserve that schedule for later this year. For now? It's the tried-and-true to get me through the upcoming, created-on-the-go run!

And, to meet that goal, tomorrow's another run! I'll check in after ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment