Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Keeping It Loose

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 347.9 (running: 240.5; walking: 13.6; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $32.67

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 347.9 Aaron: 264.4 (b: 242; w: 22.4)  Elly: 67.1 Total: 679.4

I keep looking at the forecast for the week just hoping knowing I'm going to get rained out some morning, so I hopped on a clear forecast for today. I know I could decide to take some time off, but with another Half coming fast, I feel the need to utilize the inertia concept!

Besides, it was a perfect day to take Elly with me. The temp was reasonably cool, I was going her perfect distance, and I didn't care how much interval training she implemented because I was probably going to appreciate the multiple stops anyway. To that end, I even changed shirts so as to totally gal-pal it up and color coordinate with her:
Even her tongue coordinates. What an
awesome gal-pal effort on her part!
Today's run felt better than yesterday's although I did opt to walk up one of the hills. I found a new training schedule that's kind of intimidating me but I'm considering using in modified fashion next week, so I internally justified figured I'd not completely exhaust myself this week only to screw myself entirely for the start of next.

For real, this new schedule is intense even though it is, allegedly, for beginners. I'm just saying that if I'd seen it before running my very first Half, I would have been so intimidated that I might not have tried. You have only one Rest Day (versus my three), and there are significantly more double-digit runs than my current schedule. Not to mention, there's speed work and ... umm ... and ... well, there's something else that I can't remember (because I probably don't care do it). I'll share more details later as I go, but for now know that more of the schedule appealed to me than didn't, so it's worth a real look. For sanity's sake, I might amend it so I have an additional Rest Day, though; that seems a worthy compromise since the mileage aspect increases significantly.
"Sounds intense, mommy. And, that tends
to mean I can't go with you. So, let's stop
such talk and smell some lilacs."
Before then, though, I'll continue to take each day this week as it comes! I do know tomorrow's a Rest Day as the ol' schedule prevents a morning run, so I'll check in then with two of my favorite non-pictured stories of the weekend! (Just when I said I'd wrapped up the weekend ... seems not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment