Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Call

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 314 (running: 199.4; walking: 12.5; biking: 102.1) Money Found For Food Bank: $30.31

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 314 Aaron: 250.2 (b: 230.9; w: 19.3)  Elly: 59.9 Total: 624.1

I know how very difficult it is to tell what this is ...
Rain, rain, go away ...
... but, for me, it was proof that I actually made the decision that worked out in my favor this morning. Here's what went down:

Last night, I mapped out a decent 10-mile route (decent = not hatin' on it before ever running it), and I believed the weather forecast that rain would be out of the area by the time I wanted to be outside. So, I batted .500 for the efforts there. Decent map; Should not have believed. It wasn't just raining when I was about to go out; it started sleeting.

What I couldn't believe is that I was all set to go in the rain anyway. It was the sleet that drove me back inside before actually starting. I can't help but wonder what it is the sleet kept me away from ... You know, kind of like those moments that you wouldn't have encountered had you made a turn earlier or later or took a different way to get somewhere ... that kind of thing. ANYWAY, the sleet made the run a no-go. I looked at the radar, but it showed the possibility of rain stopping then starting then stopping then starting, and I just wasn't in the mood for that nonsense. It was one thing to consider running in the rain at all; it's entirely another to be completely annoyed by its inconsistency especially when there was a chilly wind to accompany it.

So, I opted for Plan B and rode the bike while doing some weights and watching tv. I kept trying not to look out the window because I really didn't want to see that the rain stopped entirely. The above picture, which is a bucket lid on our deck, shows it was still drizzling. It seems I made a good call to stay in today. Tomorrow morning is going to be cold, but at least there's no rain in the forecast.

It's time to get busy rerouting myself! I have a very specific spot I passed in the car today that I want to run by and get a picture because it's a whole garden of Spring flowers in bloom! It's beautiful. Of course, there's a chance of frost overnight, and my picture aspirations might get hosed by it, but I'll give it a try! I'll see you tomorrow with the verdict ...

No comments:

Post a Comment