Tuesday, April 28, 2015

From the Inside

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 384 (running: 273.2; walking: 17; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $35.14

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 384 Aaron: 275.5 (b: 251.4; w: 24.1)  Elly: 77.8 Total: 737.3

So, my upheaved schedule this week got upheaved again to make it so I didn't have to run today. I could, instead, take a break today and run tomorrow. Then, I thought, why mess with being messed with?, and I stuck to my original, rearranged plan. Besides, this gives me two days to rest before Friday's long run, so I think everything ultimately worked in my favor.

The weather was also hugely in my favor today! It was 62 degrees with a little breeze. It was perfect.

Today's four-mile plan turned in to five miles just because I could. It was one of those outings that had little-to-nothing to do with any kind of (race) goal I have and much more about relishing the fact that I can run at all. For real, there are days I'm so overcome with being thankful for being able to get out there that not pushing myself one more mile feels like a betrayal of a gift.

Perhaps it was the beautiful weather. Perhaps it was knowing I had rest coming, so I knew I could be a little more tired after today's run without any worry. Perhaps it was reflecting about how far I've come no matter how long it took to get here. Whatever it was, this was one of those runs where I felt one -- totally connected -- with everything around me. It was pretty cool, and I love when that happens. I can't explain it any better than that. For some experiences, there are few words.

I can, however, explain that I love my new race shirt so much it makes me want to hug it.
I love you, new shirt.
I think it feels my appreciation because it hugs me. Because it's a shirt ...

Yeah, from out of nowhere, I can get a lot deeper about this running gig than one might think. But, if not for that internal connection to make it greater than the steps, it simply would not have continued. Whether you run or not, you totally get what I'm saying if you have a passion about something.

Take some time to reflect upon and feel that passion. Fill yourself up with the feeling; it's good for the soul!

While my soul wallows in the good, my body will embrace and enjoy tomorrow's rest!! I'll check in then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment