Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ready

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 327.8 (running: 220.4; walking: 13.6; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $31.84

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 327.8 Aaron: 261.3 (b: 242; w: 19.3)  Elly: 64.1 Total: 653.2

I don't know how I got lucky enough to get this last training run completed outside, but I did!! I ignored the gray clouds, especially the dark ones that were coming our way, and went forth with a forced sense of being oblivious (some would call that 'denial') so as to enjoy the outdoors!

It mostly worked! Well, it completely worked for the outside enjoyment factor. That I ignored the possibility of rain did not quite keep it at bay ...
But, for the duration of the run, it rained only enough to make my surroundings kind of wet, not soaked. Frankly, it was a welcomed relief from the blanket of humidity I swam through the first mile and a half. Once the rain started, everything felt much better!

I once learned that the training runs right before the Half are solely for the purpose of keeping things loose and moving. I'm not even making that up to justify taking it easy; I honestly learned it! The mileage needed to get through the big day has already been logged in the muscles, so this week, according to my learnings, can be pretty easy. I decided to embrace exactly that sentiment today which made for a nice, casual run. I did stop to look at a few of the sights ...
... and, when an old friend called out to me from a sidewalk, I found it necessary to stop for about 15 minutes to chat it up. It's not that this run doesn't matter, but it also kind of doesn't matter. (That made perfect sense to me.) So, I opted to talk.

I also opted to pick up every penny of a handful dumped by a meter, clearly discarded as though they don't matter/amount to anything. I picked up enough that not only was there almost 4 meals' worth of pennies, but also the stash was heavy enough to require tying my shorts. Just sayin'.

And, even though I didn't pass this on foot, I had to show you the update of the flowers I saw on Saturday because the tulips are now in bloom:
Fan.Tastic.
Today's outing was a good way to end this round of training. The big run is in 3 days. I'm totally ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment