Monday, April 20, 2015

Did I Really Do That? Yes. Yes, I Did.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 350.9 (running: 243.5; walking: 13.6; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $33.16

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 350.9 Aaron: 273.8 (b: 251.4; w: 22.4)  Elly: 70.1 Total: 694.8

And, Snoopy nails it again:
* I was in a far superior mood last Monday, so you might want to skip this one, and go back to that one ...

Man, I SO DID NOT want this to reflect my Monday, but there it was right from the beginning! I not only had to pry myself out of bed, but I had to do whatever the equivalent is of prying yourself out of bed, but you're not getting out of bed, you're putting on your clothes. But, you don't want to. Because you want to get back in the bed you just pried yourself out of.

Snoopy would say: *sigh*

Contributing to my Monday morning attitude included all kinds of revelations about things I've messed up lately, and a good handful of them come in the form of double-booking myself on top of runs for which I have registered. Yes. I've now done that twice. It annoys me so much that I don't even want to talk about it.

I take that back. I'll talk about the up sides because there actually are some. Both double-booking instances are for other activities more important to me than running. Bonus times two. The other immediate bonus is that -- if I'm being honest -- I didn't necessarily want to jump into another training schedule. I most certainly would have, and it would have been fine. But, I did feel a little relief in not having to this morning although it left me a wee-bit directionless.

I was too tired and cranky to give the whole morning run much thought, so I figured I'd sign on for three miles, take Elly with me and call it good until I can get my head back on. I don't know how I managed to convince myself to actually go run when I really was less than inspired to do so, but I counted on the post-run feeling of, "Ahhh ... much better," that I tend to get and headed out.

Hey, could someone have warned me it was flippin' windy out there?
Elly looked like she was about to lift off for the first mile and a half as we ran straight into the wind. And, it was in the mid-40s. Can we say cold? Yuck.

It was, indeed, good to get out there and clear my head, though. I've seen it on shirts, I've read it online, and I will confirm: Running is cheaper than therapy.

And, so, we ran.

And, then I had to imitate Elly:
Tomorrow's another day. And, it's another run. We'll see you after ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment