Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Holiday Well-Lived!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 319.6 (running: 213.3; walking: 12.5; biking: 93.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $31.11

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 319.6 Aaron: 261.3 (b: 242; w: 19.3)  Elly: 59.9 Total: 640.8

A very Happy Easter to all!!
I hope it was a wonderful day and celebration for you and yours spent exactly the way you wanted! Ours was most excellent complete with an egg hunt, provided by Big Bunny Aaron, all the way through our version of an Easter dinner which really means having an excuse to make a fun dessert! (I did my time as a kid with the leg of lamb business; that's not happening around here. Ever.)
Our egg hunt was super-fantastic. I even found all of my eggs ...
Every year, there's one of us who doesn't find 'em all. This year, it was Pit Crew #2's turn to take it for the team as PC#3 and I found all of ours. Last year, it was PC#3 who had one missing in hunt action, and the year before, it was yours truly. Isn't it nice when everyone takes turns?

Besides the hunt, we all have our basket exchange! PC#2 traditionally makes mine, and it's fabulous every, single time!
Chocolate bunny whatever: I got a Snoopy!!!
Check out the hedge hogs!!!
You should see how big that Snoopy bank is! She said it was for my running money 'or whatever money' I wanted. I said I felt a bit intimidated to think of filling that up by running. Aaron said it was a challenge I should take! "Where's Nancy?" "The bank isn't yet full. We won't be seeing her for a very, long while."

Of course, the boys are in on the basket action as PC#3 takes care of Aaron's. Can you tell how jazzed he is about one of the basket prizes?!
Aaron was pretty jazzed, too ... right?
That's the kind of gift that comes with a receipt. It's pre-planned. It's all good. And, Aaron may have to make a trip to the store, but it's worth it for the belly laugh from the boy!

It was all fun and games for the humans, but the dog had a different experience entirely:
"What's in this for meeeeeeee ?!?! Remember me?!"
As the day went on, I kept hearing about rain in the morning forecast ... So, I shifted from holiday to take-care-of-biz mode, and I took PC#2 running ...
... so as to not have an issue in the morning! I'd been thinking about it after being in the car earlier in the day and passing a spot where I saw two pennies that I couldn't get (darned light changing to green), so I had more than one reason to get out there today! We did, indeed, go to that spot, and we found much more than the two coins I spied from the car. Instead ...
I know, it's gross. But, it's still money and there's a dime in there!! Booyah!

The run itself was made good only because I had great company. I was a little sore from yesterday for the first two miles. Then, for the last two, we were running straight into a pretty decent wind. Even PC#2 was put out by it, so it wasn't just me being a whiner. I do like such validation. Anyway, we powered through it and got 'er done.
That was a great way to spend a bit of time before heading home to make dinner! The verdict is still out on the dessert because we haven't yet tried it, but I'll give it a report tomorrow. You know, on my unexpected Rest Day! Whee!! Have a great start to your week, and I'll check in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment