Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We Went A.N.Y.W.A.Y.

Okay, this was one of those mornings that I wasn't sure how I was going to get dressed much less go out and of all things run. Sometimes, your world gets a wee-bit overloaded mentally (which translates physically, by the way -- a lesson I've had to learn many times over to believe), and you just want to crawl back into bed!

Without the commitment on the calendar, this would have been a just-skip-it day. I had every real reason to skip, and there's not one person who would have questioned me. Except: Myself. The whole reason I kept at running in the first place had everything to do with how I take on most everything in my life: completely without giving myself excuses to give up. So, with that in mind, I dug deep into that place inside that sometimes totally hacks me off keeps me going when I don't want to, and Elly and I headed out.

Elly had a huge spring in her step. Can't you tell?
I, on the other hand ...
My lack of consiousness did not preclude me from spying this right out of the gate, though:
Starting it all off with a dime!!
It did, however, cause me to miss my start point. Yup, totally whiffed it, and I had absolutely no idea until I had that, "Hey, something's not right ..." feeling:
See the drive all the way up top? Not the
close one ... the other one. Yeah, that's
where I was supposed to start ... whoops.
Also not right? I realized the recent snow melting runoff was starting to freeze overnight again, so there were a number of icy spots to avoid. Such avoidance resulted in mucking up the works:
That muddy smear is where I stepped thinking it would be drier
uphill from the drainage. Not so much. And, now, my shoes
are all dirty. Eh.
I suppose it was better than slipping on this ...
Just for the record, there's a trash can about 50 feet from here.
But, whatever.
... or, on this!
Yowza. That's a lot of pretty that could do
a girl a whole lotta damage!
Besides all of the money I kept finding, my favorite part of the run was again seeing a grounds keeper whom we've only seen lately in between snow storms and cleared sidewalks. Under normal circumstances, we see him almost every morning, so it was nice to hear a friendly, "Helloooo!!" from him catching our attention near our usual path crossing. It's like being a regular at a store or restaurant -- those friendly exchanges can make that moment if not your day, can't they?

The run clearly turned the start to my morning around. See the difference?
Looking human again! Me, not the dog ...
And, see the stash?
Five coins, five completely separate locations. Out.Standing!
Elly and I wrapped it up with everything in order and in its place ... except for the spare poo bag. I have absolutely no idea when I lost it. But, I did. *sigh* At least it was empty.

The was the last Wednesday 4-miler until the week of the Half! We go for fives next week! I'm not sure how it's so soon, but it is, so we'll be back at it tomorrow! See you after ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment