Friday, March 29, 2013

Brain Fry

My brain feels like this looks ... awesome
but all kinds of crazed! (thank you I Love
To Run Facebook page for this!)
On this Friday, my brain is all a scramble -- in a good way! It's the first nice day we've had in a very long time. There's sun! There's no threat of rain or snow! The weather is perfect for playing without getting terribly nasty from sweat and stink! (Perfect for the young Crewers to beat me in three games of HORSE, too, just sayin'.) There's so much good going on that my brain really does feel all over the place!

So, let's see if I can unravel the brain waves ...

First of all, my inbox is getting smacked with all kinds of running-related emails from upcoming events to reminders to sign up for events. A lot of those reminders to sign up are of the generic variety that go  to those of us who have already signed up. However, my friend OCD and I get one of those messages and think, "Did I sign up?" and have to find the saved confirmation email that, yes, I really did. Let it gooooo ...
Shirt making for Half #2!! Whee!
And, while I have business to let go, some things need immediate attention as in I still need to map tomorrow's 10-miler. I can't decide on an end-point which is why the stall. Home ... bagel shop ... home ... bagel shop. It's a tough call. It's made more complicated by the fact that after breakfast, we're going to the shirt shop ... Oh, yes, it's Half Marathon Shirt Making Day! So, do I want to go straight from the bagel shop OR go home, shower, THEN go shirt making. Again, tough call. I'm stoked to make our shirts ... I'll reveal 'em soon!

And, in between things right in front of my face, there are other things on the horizon. Here's the weird one -- while I usually schedule a Rest Week post Half, check it out, I'm not even looking forward to it. (Whuuuuuuut??) I'm just not feeling the need, and I'm not even being delusional about it. Not wanting to chill after a Half? That's a first! It's also feeding a lingering thought I've had for more than a month about upgrading my May 5K to the Half option. It's the same thought I had around this time last year but found out I couldn't turn the miles around fast enough to run the second Half. Since January, though, I've been thinking about this scenario again, what I did wrong last year, what I can do different (therefore, right) this year. Not feeling the need for a Rest Week is feeding a slumbering beast.

I've never gotten to the week before a Half this mentally and physically ready to not only take it on but to also pounce on potential challenges ahead of me. For right now, though, I need to keep the beast at bay and focus on the here and now. Or, at least on the business of tomorrow morning! I'm so excited to say I'm looking forward to this run -- it's the last long one before the long one! I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment