Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thankful

Yesterday, my left foot was sore. And, the day before, it was my right. I suppose it's pretty cool they tagged instead of hurt simultaneously, but, I digress. I am fortunate as my aches from running usually just go away without issue. I'm fortunate to be able to run if I want, when I want.

It was two years ago this week that Aaron was recovering from the cartilage transplant in his knee. That took care of any running aspirations he may have had, but he still lives a strong, robust life. And, we are forever grateful for the transplant gift.

Seriously. I was focused on the random soreness of my feet. *sigh*

This week in particular, no matter what else is handed to me, I am focused on remembering that running is a gift to me. No matter when, no matter how much, no matter how fast or slow, it is a gift. And, I am thankful.

So, to whatever else comes, I'm good.
I'm pretty sure the good folks at the I Love To Run Facebook
page had a whole other idea behind this theme!
'Looking forward to tomorrow's run -- I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment