Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Gotta Get Over It

It's been a wonderful Rest Day with one exception -- I went out and about today and realized there aren't enough roads and sidewalks combined to have a good 5-mile path for tomorrow's run!! And, by "good," I mean safe for me and not obnoxious and/or rude to the people trying to get to work in the morning. I'm a big fan of respecting the fact that I run on roads. You know, the very pathways built for cars. And, that the sidewalks are covered with snow is no one's fault. So, guess who's likely running inside tomorrow morning ... grumble ... grumble ...

OR AM I? I just walked past the treadmill (where PC#2 had just been using it. And, by "using" I mean rocking it with sprint work. Holy crap, she went fast!) and saw this on the ground:
Could it be? Is the dreadmill actually falling apart?! Oh, I think
I'm so very sad! Let me poke myself in the eye to make a tear ...
Okay, it was a momentary blip on the glee radar. Reality quickly set in, and I realize I'd be up a creek without the treadmill option. As much as I hate it, I'm thankful to have it. Mostly. I mean, I am. Sort of. No, for real ... *sigh* ...

So, in an effort to not crank my mental state away, I set out to find the happiest visual (in picture form on the Surfing Rainbows Facebook page) that I could. I landed on this which got a smile and thumbs up from both young Crewers as well. I call that a triple seal of approval!

Ready? Get ready to smile!
With that, I go forth thankful for options and thankful for the ability to exercise those options whether I feel like it or not! That's a pretty good problem to have! I'll see you after those 5 miles are checked off one way or the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment