Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cold But Good

I was so busy bemoaning being chilled to the bone yesterday that it was late in the day when I realized I should probably check the calendar and make sure I know the number of miles planned for today. Sure enough, I was wrong. Wednesdays have jumped to 4 miles on the training schedule, and I haven't yet let that sink in even though that's how many I did a week ago. I'm telling you, the degree of snow and the cold right now is totally throwing me off. In fact, there is nothing indicating this Half is 5 weekends away except for mileage numbers I wrote on the calendar weeks ago!

But, it is coming, so, off we went. I did catch a glimpse of my friend sidewalk:
Elly got a kick out of some of the plow hills. She chose to do some business on the top of one of the tallest. I had to hand it to her. I mean, that's making a statement. I also appreciated that I could just kind of reach over to clean it up instead of bend down or have to step across some snow in my sneakers. Hats off to Elly today.

The scene throughout, while not especially running compatible, was just, plain pretty.
 
 
It's hard to complain about any of that! I was right about the cold -- it was one of those where the air bites your face with the wind. But, it was good. It was a good way to clear all of the things that sometimes tumble around a morning brain and you're not yet sure where they belong. It was good to just run.

More miles tomorrow! Seriously! The Half is coming! We'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment