Friday, March 22, 2013

All Kinds Of Plans

I'm trying to decide if I'm really tired, or if I'm talking myself into being tired as some sort of lame excuse to complain tomorrow morning before I hit the 12-mile road. Can't you just hear it? "Ohhhhh, I'm just sooooo tirrrrrrred. Poooooooor meeeeeeeee ..." Like I said yesterday, just thinking about this one does actually make me a bit tired. I know I'm not alone when I've been walking to the start for a Half thinking, "I'm not sure I want to do this," only I totally want to do it when I'm actually doing it. The same goes for many training runs, so I'm rather anxious to get this one behind me. Or, at least, started. Fortunately, it looks like the morning weather is going to cooperate, and I won't have to treadmill it. Either way, you know afterward is bagel time ...
A supreme combo ... I can already taste it.
(Elly is in the other room and just burped big time. HAHAHAHAHAHA! She's her mama's girl ...)

I sent Aaron an email earlier asking him to tell me if I should route my run to end at the bagel shop where he would meet me and we bring our breakfast home OR if I should map it to end at home, I get showered, then we all go. I have yet to hear from him. It's like he's working or something. I told him in the message that he really should take this moment to tell me what to do because that feeling (of being told what to do) on my part will pass ... (grin) ...

By the way, with the event so close, PC#2 is in planning mode for all fun things we tend to do surrounding it. At the top of her list is asking if we'll go to a nearby cupcake shop. The girl has her priorities with good reason. The cupcakes look like these my in-laws gave us at Valentine's:
Aaron's fancy-schmancy carrot cake option complete with
edible gold ...
The kids' with their crazy-high-piled icing ...
I'm a simple gal with simple taste ... mmm ... mmm ... mmm ...
This begs the question: Is a (big a$$) cupcake in the afternoon better or worse than the night-before Fish Fillet I had for my first Half? Let's leave that rhetorical.
 
By the way, have I mentioned Aaron is eyeballing a Cupcake 5K in the Fall where you have to eat one of these big ol' suckers at every mile, and you get to take time off of your race time for each eaten? And, no, you can't carry them with you and eat later -- like you have anywhere to put them. You have to eat them at the stop, or you can't benefit from the time deduction. We're hoping that run fits into the family Fall schedule!
 
By the way, I can totally take one of these cupcakes down the afternoon before the Half; I would not even attempt to do the cupcake run thing, though, or that would not be the last you'd be seeing of my little time deductions just sayin'.
 
Now's just as good a time as any to start mapping tomorrow's route (Aaron's about to lose his vote ... hee hee), I wrap up today's observations with pointing out that I saw a penny while waiting for a red light to change, and I did not get out to get it. Because the light turned green, and I had no choice. But, I still didn't even try! That was noteworthy.
 
I'll see you after that big ol' morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment