Monday, March 18, 2013

Shake It Out

Oh my gosh, what do you know, but I received a response back from one of my letters yesterday. Check it out:

Dear Puppy Pacer,

Thanks so much for the compliments yesterday of how awesome we were to carry you through your latest long run. However, actions speak louder than words, my friend, and stretching us out before today's run would have gone a lot farther than your words of yesterday in terms of showing us some appreciation.

As you would say: Just. Sayin'.

Sincerely, Your Great and Powerful Thighs (we're like Oz but different)

Wow, nothing like getting schooled first thing in the morning. It's true, though -- a few minutes of stretching would have gone a very, long way in avoiding some morning muscle screams. I've said it before, I s.u.c.k. about stretching. Learn nothing about stretching from me. Go with the perseverance model, not the stretching.

For the lack of decent preparation for this run, it went well overall. I kept it dialed down even though I felt like kicking it up a notch after hitting the second mile. At least if I'm not going to best prepare myself, I don't tend to operate as though I did. That's how I'd get hurt, and that's just stupid. I reminded myself to just use it as a shake-out run, which is what Monday pretty much is anyway, and enjoy the fact that there's no ice, rain nor frigid temperatures.

Elly and I enjoyed our outing including seeing our friendly grounds keeper, finding not just a penny but a quarter ...
Big bank, baby!! And, holy moly, Aaron
is one lucky man to have me and that do!
... and, Elly enjoyed a post-run rub down in her mobile spa:

She needed a rub down ... she was filthy!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, last night's dinner was not ideal fuel before a run. It just kind of sat there the whole time. I hate that feeling, but it's not a bad reminder as I go forth to always -- always -- keep the fuel in mind in the evening or it will take center stage in the stomach for every step of every mile in the morning!

Tomorrow, we rest! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment