Friday, March 8, 2013

Strollin' With My Gal Pal

Happy Friday!! And, evidently, Happy International Women's Day! Who knew? I'm terrible about keeping up on such national-day-of things. I'd feel worse about not realizing what today is had I known about and celebrated National Margarita Day a couple of weeks back. But, I didn't know about that, either, until after. This time, I'm at least on the right day even if by accident.

So, given the day, how appropriate that I started mine out with a little walk with one of my very favorite gals? Oh, yes, you guessed it. Elly got herself a casual stroll this morning! She was just as contrary about the camera as she is on a run, too, so, after a while, I kept stopping and trying to take her picture just to bug her.
"Ser.i.ous.ly. mommy. I'm not going to look right now, and
you can't make me!"
I took the walking opportunity to really survey the land. It paid off with 2 pennies and a BB which was cool, but check out the uncool:
So many spots on the streets got totally
beaten up from the ice. The way things are
going, I really need to keep my eyes peeled
to keep myself upright!! Oh, and there's
Elly. Not looking at me.
Elly had her own uncool moment later on in our walk when we found ourselves behind a big ol' dog. A dog that she really, really doesn't like.
"I smell his feet, mommy. Right there
next to me. And, I can see him. Don't worry.
I'll protect you from the unruly one. Grrrr."
This particular dog is way bigger than Elly and way less compliant on his leash. He goes ballistic whenever we're around (probably because Elly's so cute), and his owner has a heck of a time keeping him under control. The scene only riles everyone up even more, so we just stopped for a bit to create space, and all went well from there.

Okay, as for running plans, the rain predicted for Sunday is now supposed to come tomorrow and leave Sunday alone. All I can say is I'm holding off on my long run 'til Sunday no matter what -- no obsessive watching of the weather tonight to try and figure out what to do. If the long run is on the treadmill, then so be it. I've decided I'm not spending my time nail-biting over something (a) I can't control, and (b) for which I have an option. I'm just too tired for that right now, so I'm taking advantage of the 2 Rest Days in a row!

Here's to looking forward to a great weekend come what may! I'll see you on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment