Thursday, November 22, 2012

Laying Trax!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!
Once upon a time, for many Thanksgivings past, I hoped to sleep in as late as possible on Thanksgiving -- it being a holiday and all. Right? Then, we had babies, and that blew sleeping in to smithereens (not complaining, just sayin'). And, then there's now ... I have the possibility to sleep in past normal time, but I choose, instead, to go out for a Turkey Trax run with the fam!! Who knew that would become part of our Thanksgiving traditions and that all four of us would look forward to it?! You can count one, two, three, four people here who would never have predicted this as a desired Thanksgiving morning activity!! But, we're so glad it is because look at the fun we had!!
There's the congregating crowd! This is the third Turkey Trax
for our city, and the participation has almost tripled since the
first one! There were more than 500 participants this year
than last! The more the merrier, that's for sure!
There's our crew! We're ready to hit it!
(You simply have to have cool headwear
for this run, by the way! At least we think so!)
There's the pie stash for the age division winners ...
Okay, now I don't really care for pie, but my man, here, loves
it. Too bad none of us are fast enough to win our age division,
huh?! Aaron's thought bubble here would read: "If I just grab
a pie and take off, would anyone think they'd actually get it
from me? I might not be faster, but I'm stronger ..."
Remember our friends who participated in their first event at the
Komen Run?! I think they've caught the 5K bug!! And, who
wouldn't want to do so when you can wear such kicky hats!!
Theirs were fabulous!! (Don't worry -- I've already put the Jingle
Bell Run idea in their ears, so be on the lookout!!)
And, we're off!! Have I mentioned Aaron can cruise at his fast
walking pace?!
And, there goes PC#3!! He participated in
this event last year and fought his little heart
out for the finish ... this year, he just cruised
right along! I guess those weekend family
runs are paying off! Both kiddos really
rocked this event!
There were lots of festive touches throughout the crowd ... like
this family of turkey tails!! The woman's mom made them for
her crew!
We're closing in on the mile mark here
while PC#2 makes sure her turkey visor
doesn't go by way of the wind!
You gotta hand it to her for going all out!
All finished! A bit smelly but totally happy!
And, there were more hats to enjoy in the crowd! Here's one ...
... and, another ...
... and, this one!
It was perfect weather and a perfect way to start the day! This morning's efforts will be countered with a lovely feast this evening (let's be honest!), and we're totally looking forward to it!! After all, tomorrow's Rest Day, too!! That's well timed if you ask me!
 
I'm so crazy thankful for so many blessings in my life -- topping my list is this family!! Who else would indulge me in my let's-get-up-on-a-holiday-and-run-in-awesome-hats ideas?? These three are the best!! I hope you, too, are surrounded by those you love!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment