Sunday, November 18, 2012

Scratching the Itch

It's post-Family Run Time, and I'm still upright, so going out this morning was a good call! I'm not at the top of my game for sure (and that run reminded me of that very notion as my nose played a symphony keeping control of the continued drainage!), but it was a good start back.

In fact, it was a great one for a whole different reason than just the run itself! Check it out:
After yesterday's walk, I was compelled to
investigate my Snoopy Food Bank contents!
At this point, I thought I collected a total of $6.99
since January 1 ...
It turns out, I've mistallied and actually had $7.03! Whee!
(and, you'll note ... a half! I think I'll keep that piece ...)
Even though I hit the nearest dollar without even knowing it, you know I was itching to scour the streets and see if I could find more! (Anyone else ever wonder if I pay any attention at all to the running part of this activity?) It was time to head out:
Elly saw all of us get ready for a run, and she was on it showing
us she was ready to rock! This is where she was giving Aaron
the what-for eyes when he went out the door to deposit some
recycling into the bins ... she thought he left without her, and
she was having none of that! Fortunately, this was just a blip
on the radar, and her leash was on pronto!
I swapped out the first part of our normal run to incorporate another stretch that tends to be target-rich in finding coins and/or BBs. (You'd think I'd run that stretch all the time.) This is the same stretch where we found all of yesterday's treasures late in the afternoon, so, you'd think it wouldn't produce. I have faith in that stretch though. And, today, faith rewarded me right out of the gate:
When have I ever found two quarters at the same time?!
Right at the mile mark ... not one but two dimes!!
Somewhere close to the 2-mile mark, I
found another dime (and, evidently, hit
the sauce along the way ...)
Aaron noted that we could now run 80 miles and not dip into the more-money-than-miles ratio ...
At not point in my life do I want
to run 80 miles ... just sayin' ...
And, while the ba-da-bing-cha-ching factor was huge today (a record find, by the way!), the run was further useful in that PC#3 gave the Jingle Bell Run headwear a trial run for me:
I am totally stoked to have $7.83 cents in the Snoopy Food Bank stash!! That feels good! When the Food Bank can turn $1 into $15-worth of food, that's $117.45-worth of food!! And, all I had to do was run!!!!

To add to next year's contribution, Aaron and I have pledged to put aside all change we find -- no matter where, no matter what we're doing -- to add to next year's running finds for the Food Bank! That'll add up because we *always* find wayward coins! I'm going to keep the stashes separate because of the novelty of finding money while running ... we definitely want to find out how much that is! But, I felt so good to spill and count the bank last night that it sounded fun to just add to the collection!

This was a great way to get back in the game ... an excellent foursome outing for sure! There's one more run tomorrow before Tuesday's contribution, so tune in for the final count! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment