Monday, November 19, 2012

Just Because I Can Doesn't Mean I Should

Okay, SO THANKFUL for the big haul for the Food Bank yesterday because look what the weather was this morning!
Bu-mmer!! It was clear it was off to the treadmill for me! Elly needed some consoling as well:
Before hopping on the mean machine, I did some emailing and secretly hoped I'd take long enough that the rain would stop and I could run outside. Then, I thought better of it -- I'm better but not completely well, and, truth be told, chilly air is hurting every part of my nasal cavity. As I sat and wrote some notes, I thought it best that I plan on the treadmill no matter what the weather was like when finished.

Fortunately, I'm good at sticking to pre-made plans when they're made in a solid foundation because the rain had stopped, but I still headed to the treadmill. I could have gone out, but I knew I shouldn't. *sigh* I will note, though, this is quite possibly the first treadmill run I've finished where I didn't complain to myself even one time while on it. I'd say that's because I'm starting to be a grown up about it, but it's really because it was that clear to me that going outside wasn't a good idea. I want to be well this week especially with Thanksgiving and Turkey Trax coming!! The treadmill was a small price to pay to work toward Thursday!

When I finished my miles, I sat in the recliner to finish the show I was watching while running, and I had a little suprise:
No sooner was I in the chair and *flump!* there was Lizzy!
She was all about cuddling which is not typical for her with
me. That's partly why this picture had to be taken under the
cloak of darkness ... so there's not really good proof of her
sweet side toward me. Or not.
That was a pretty sweet treat!

Not quite so sweet was what I came home to after making the third, "NOW we have everything we need for Thanksgiving" run to the store:
Seems Elly had a good time while I was out ...
Is it just me, or is she giving me the same "feel bad for me" look she gave me this morning when she knew we weren't running together?
"I'm sorry, mama ... not enough to stop doing it, but I'm sorry
right now ..."
That wraps up the last run before donation day!! It'll be fun to turn in the extra tomorrow -- see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment