Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Spreading the Love and the Wealth

So, evidently it's Hug a Runner Day!! Who knew?! (And, who decided?!) Well, given it's out there just waiting to be celebrated, what are you waiting for? Hug yourself a runner! Did you run down the street, to the neighbors, to the store (even in the car! I mean, c'mon, running to the store is sometimes a drag and needs reward!)? Today, it should all count! Get your hug on!!

I'm sure I just blew the sentiment of the day, but I was really trying to spread the love! In the meantime, here's a peek at one of my favorite post-run moments:
2009 Jingle Bell Run!
Okay, so that's not a hug as much as a smooch. MAN, I really am not properly acknowledging this day, am I?!

I did do something right today, though. In fact, we all did -- it's the annual Food Bank Thanksgiving drive today, so it was off to one of the donation locations to deposit our giving money!
Every little bit counts! And, there was a
good stash of a lot of little and big bits
in there!! Wahoo!!
There goes the money found running!
PC#2 and #3 were interviewed on the radio! They have their
own giving boxes where they put away money every week to
donate to charitable causes throughout the year. Whatever
remains on the day of the Food Bank drive goes here, and they
start over again!
Give money, get homemade cookies! I had one of those Magic
Cookie Bars ... whoever made 'em knew what they were doing!
Su-Per-Yum!
It was really fun emptying the Food Bank Snoopy Bank today, and it all starts over tomorrow! I'm hoping to find something to start it all off with a bang! Besides, the Food Bank Snoopy Bank is lonely now ...! Here's to hoping! See you on the eve of Turkey Trax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment