Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Getting Ready!

It's the day before Thanksgiving!! Wahoo!!! I do so love this particular break and holiday!! There are a lot of yummy aromas floating around our house in preparation for tomorrow ... better keep my run on to keep my world in a bit of balance then, huh?!
Kentucky Derby Pie minis anyone? Oh-so
good ... and so much better for you with
sugar-free chocolate chips, right?! (ha!)
I did manage to get myself up on this first day of break and run. The weather was perfect, so Elly and I headed on out after sleeping in a little extra. It felt great to get back outside; it's been a while!! It was a short, easy run which was perfect since I'm still working on getting the last of my whatever-I-caught last week out of my system. It's such a drag how long it takes to feel back to 100%!! But, I'm getting there, and that's the good thing.

The bummer of the morning would have been actually getting hit by the van that I didn't see (and whose driver never saw us). I had just found a penny to reboot the Food Bank finds for 2013 only to take two steps forward and just catch out of my peripheral vision the reverse lights of the van. The van backing out of its yard. Yup, yard. It was on the other side of the two cars parked in its driveway, and it never crossed my mind to look past those cars to see what might be coming my way from the yard. I guess that showed me. So, let's add to this year's list of being thankful that Elly and I didn't get squished by the yard van.
Had we been squished by the van, we wouldn't have seen this
frosty dandelion ... what a bummer that would have been, huh?
In way-better news, we four are all set for tomorrow's Turkey Trax!!
I love the fronts with that turkey!
Cool back, too!
Elly can tell there's a buzz in the air and senses she's not going to get to participate. It's kind of like how she keeps smelling stuff that's yummy only to be repeatedly told, "No, Elly, not for you." It's a hard life for a puppy:
Elly spent a lot of the day practicing her don't-look-at-me-while-
I'm-pretending-to-be-indifferent face.
Numbers, chip timers and shirts are all in hand, so we are ready to go!! It's going to be a really fun morning! I hope your Thanksgiving morning starts off great, and I'll see you after the Trax!

No comments:

Post a Comment