Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family Run Time!

Yesterday afternoon, I cleaned the picture window on the front of our house. I can't remember the last time I cleaned it inside and out at the same time. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the third time since its install 11 years ago that I cleaned the outside. It was something to behold.

As I stood there on that step ladder wiping-spraying-wiping-spraying-again-wiping, I thought about how you often hear the sentiment about how some families look so pretty on the outside, but, behind closed doors, the scene isn't so great. I smiled to myself as I thought how the opposite is true for us. We most definitely had (and will have again soon) a really dirty window, and things in general aren't exactly kept up to what you might call pristine (if you think I've slacked on the window-cleaning duty, do not ask the last time I deep cleaned the carpets. Seriously, don't ask.) But, the inside ... that's a different story. We like to laugh a lot. We talk. We hug. We play games. We cheer each other. And, apparently, on some mornings, we all run.

That's right, friends, this morning was Family Run Time!!!
Ready to hit it!! Thank you extra hour of sleep to make this
morning a little less painful! (speaking foremost for myself!)
Elly was not going to be left behind today ... she made sure of it with those eyes ...
WE. ARE. READY.
It was crispy out there today!!
Brrrr ... But, that just means awesome running weather!!!
He ran ...
He just kept chugging! He's like his mama
where running isn't the most natural thing
running through his body. But, he has the
spirit, and he goes, goes, goes!!
... and, she ran ...
This girl can run. She did not get that from
me. But, it seems she did get the kicky hair
fly from me! Run in style, girl!
... and, he fast-walked-same-as-slow-run ran ...
The epitome of family spirit finding a way
to make it work for him so we can all be
together ... how fantastic is that?!
... and, I ran ...
There I go again! And, my headband is
getting bitten by Jack Frost ... HOORAY
FOR THIS WEATHER!! A frosty headband
makes you look cool by the way. Or lacking
some sense. Make your own call.
... and, these two ran!
We love how much Elly loves Jacques!! What a twosome!
Look at 'em goooooo!!!!
We saw four hot air balloons on an early morning jaunt ...
Do hot air balloons go on jaunts? Anyway, it was cool.
And, PC#3 and I saw pennies!
Double cha-ching!!
I spied with my little eye a frosty hat when we finished ...
See? Looking cool on your left and so pretty on your right!
And, here are the two cutest kids I ever did see logging 3 miles first thing in the morning!
I JUST WANNA SQUEEZE 'EM!!
I can remember when I would have never thought Family Run Time would be the same as Family Fun Time, but my hope is that our kids never remember that time!

Tune in tomorrow with my Rest Day flip-flop, and I'll let you know what this is!
Mmmmm ...










No comments:

Post a Comment