Thursday, November 29, 2012

And, Some Runs Are Bleh

Some days are better than others as are some runs. While there was nothing wrong with today's run, I wasn't particularly feeling it, either. I kind of just wanted to get it done and move on with my day.

We all have those days and feel that way sometimes, don't we? I hate 'em. I much prefer to feel the spring in my step and the motivation to take on whatever I'm doing with gusto. And, I really like it when I feel that way on a run. Bleh runs make me feel crummy.

These are the days where the bigger picture must prevail. I have more official runs coming up that I want to do. And, I still want to be running when I'm much older. So, that means, I have to keep going today.

There's a quote out there that's been attributed to many people, so I really don't know who gets first dibs. But, I will say, it's a good one, and it's one I need to keep in mind on days like today:

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

I know it was great to get out there and to finish no matter how I really felt. It was just one run of many. These happen sometimes.

In the meantime, I have a puppy who is perpetually proud of herself:
"Let's not make this complicated, mommy.
We go, we stop. Then I nap. Easy."
"I would appreciate assistance getting my
leash out from under my very properly
raised paw, though ... that's complicated
for me ..."
It's on to a duo of Rest Days starting tomorrow! It's time to regroup! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment