Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Very Blustery Day Indeed

Okay, I actually consider myself very lucky having been able to run outside this week given the week's forecast indicated so much rain that I'd be forced to use the Mean Machine. So, I'm not complaining. I am reporting, though, that the wind this morning was most unexpected. It was the kind of wind for which you actually have to hunch forward in order to go forward. That makes for a very interesting run! It makes it kind of fun, though, when I have Elly because that kind of wind really makes her ears fly!

Such wind keeps blowing the pretty leaves off the trees, too, but it's cool to see them gather like this:
I totally dig it when there are a few green leaves mixed in with the color. Yum! I love passing this little spot. Blink, and you'll miss it. Blink longer, and you'll be rewarded by missing that dead opossum that's still there. It no longer smells, though.

Overall, today's was a run like most others, so I had a lot of time to ponder the following: Will I look for a baby doll sized Santa hat for Jacques, or will I make one? If I make one, will I make a handful in case one falls off and I don't notice or in case the wind takes it and I don't feel like running after it? Or, will I make one really good one and adhere it to his head? And, by adhering, do I mean using tight elastic? Or should I pin it? If I pin it, will that pull and damage him? If I use elastic, will it create a permanent, indented ring around his head?

While I was mulling over such plans, I had a near on-foot miss of more road kill. This time, it was another opossum right in the middle of a crosswalk. Poor, ugly thing was even using the cross walk. They just can't win.

A half mile later, Elly, Jacques and I wrapped it up and called it a day! It was good to be out of the cold wind. We got into the warm car where I continued thinking about festive wear for Jacques. Evidently, Elly had thoughts to think as well, so she hunkered down to do so:
Back at it tomorrow! See you after the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment