Monday, November 28, 2011

Excellent Monday

This morning's run was a great one ... I really, really do like these cold temperatures!! I know Elly appreciates them, too, given she always has to run in a coat (and wait 'til you see what Jacques will sport for the holidays ...!). It's a good thing I like it cold given the prediction for Saturday's Jingle Bell run is that it will be in the low 20s!! Brrrr ... (yeah!!)

So, it was all back to routine for us today ...
We cranked out the miles together and took a group shot ...
Elly enjoyed a post-run ear massage ...
My runny-eye-booger dog is so pretty ...
I super scored! ...
And, I enjoyed a favorite post-run yummy breakfast with an extra
quinoa heap. I stopped at the gas station for a Diet Coke (where
I found another dime, by the way!), and when I have one in the
morning, I can get the hungries. Quinoa takes care of that.
This was a great start for a Monday! Richer for having gone both in health and cold, hard cash. Outstanding! For the record, while it was super cool finding that dime, it really was more fun finding yesterday's penny because I was with my favorite pal!

I also found an interesting little trinket in the street. I saw it last week, and as it was still there today, I picked it up. And, that's when my imagination kicked in; I decided that trinket could very well be the calling card of a criminal (you know like when the bad guys in Home Alone clog up the sinks and turn on the water so they can be called "The Wet Bandits" ...), so I tossed it into some leaves about 100 yards away. True story. Just go with it because there's really a lot of time to think out there when you're running with your dog ... she doesn't really engage in conversation, and my imagination is excellent.

Tomorrow's Tuesday, so you know that means it's Rest Day! See you during!

No comments:

Post a Comment