Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Morning Essentials

Getting up and taking a run on almost any morning is not a huge deal (anymore). Even if it's one where I don't yet want to get out of bed (which is all mornings), I can usually get over myself and my lousy morning attitude in good time to look forward to the run by the time I start.

But, this is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!! That just adds a whole, new dynamic to the mix. Given last night was the eve of a break, I, like a little kid, stayed up entirely too late while Aaron and I decompressed from the week (even the short ones can be intense!), unwound from the energy brought forth by the young Pit Crewers who are totally stoked about not having school for a few days (reason never matters!) and made our Black Friday overnight shopping plans (in that we're not going). It seems talking about this stuff until 12:30 a.m. was a good idea.

So, it feels like an understatement to say that 6:35 a.m. came super early today!! I put my clothes out last night, so I really don't remember much about getting ready this morning. And, while I got myself ready, Aaron got Elly ready for me. Here she is very patiently waiting to go:
What is she looking at out of the corner of her eye? Take a look:
Lizzy's over there. Elly, the 60-pound hound, has spent a great deal of her own life being intimidated by that 11-pound kitty (with good reason, but still). So, Elly also spends a great deal of her life looking out of the corner of her eye ...

Anyway, you see that the running essentials were in place ... shoes on, Jacques poised and ready, and a poop bag.

All I had to do was get going, and it was a great run. My favorite moment was passing a neighbor who had just returned from getting a coffee and a newspaper. It was quiet outside, and it was peaceful; seeing him then with his brand of morning essentials was a little slice of fabulous.

Enjoy whatever way you start your day! See you after the Turkey Trax!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment