Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cold But So Cool

Elly and I took off this morning in the 19-degree temps without Jacques as it was one of those mornings where you have that sudden, "Oh, crap! I have to leave now!" feeling. It is in such a moment that priorities need to be followed, and getting Jacques on Elly was not one of them! He didn't seem to notice being left behind; Elly always notices, so she still got to come.

The jar to the morning brain did not deter the run, though. In fact, the run might have been what kept me a little more sane! It started off with a bit of a stink because look at my awesome purple striped gloves:
Drat.
Oh, well. I switch to an excellent pair of gloves tomorrow anyway (it being December and all!). Besides, check out these cool sites this morning!
Did I say cool sites? I think I meant cold ...
I'd like to know from where that dandelion
came ... I don't even remember the last time
I saw one! And, check out that eaten leaf
below it, too. Awesome! This is that same
stretch of leaves that can annoy me because
Elly wants to linger in them. Today, we both
took advantage of that stretch ... but in very
different ways!
Sweet ... I just loved this one.
Seeing all of those frosty leaves had that same feeling I get when watching the end of one of the Sunday morning news shows ... I can't remember which one it is, but they sign off with visuals and sounds captured in nature. It stops me in my tracks when I actually catch it. I seriously could have just studied this particular leaf for quite some time. But, I didn't as I was getting chilly and the miles don't run themselves!

May you find your peaceful moment in an everyday spot today! See you in the a.m. ... three more days 'til the Jingle Bell Run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment