Sunday, November 13, 2011

One For the Team

I don't think I can articulate how glad I am that I didn't have running on the calendar today. The wind is holy-moly wild!! It's the kind that knocks you a bit sideways as you walk. I have to admit that when that happens, it makes me giggle. But, running in it is brutal, so I'm happy to be inside!

I'm not so sure Jacques is happy about his current indoor situation:
"I'm totally going to get Jacques and eat him.
He scares me, and he's invading my post."
What.
Thank you, Jacques, for taking one for the team today. If someone has to exert major physical energy today, then Tag, You're It. You'll be rewarded with a run tomorrow on the pooch!

In the meantime, I'm crazy excited because the family is registered for a 5K on Thanksgiving Day!! I already had 3 miles on the calendar for that morning, so that was a no-brainer. But, it's a run/walk which totally works for the whole family!! I'm super excited, too, because I'll go ahead and run it and take the camera with me, so this time, I get to be at the finish line to take pictures of them!! WooHoo!! Everyone is looking forward to it! Then, we return home to watch the parade on the dvr. Excellent! (Hooray dvr!) I am so stoked about this opportunity for all of us! I already can't wait!

The run has a tag line that's something like, "Do this and eat guilt-free tonight." HA! Gosh, speaking of, we've been so spoiled with awesome recipes from Runner's World that I've not put any thought into something new for tonight. Perhaps new won't be necessary ... just yummy ... something to crank up the morning run ... See you afterward in the a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment