Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Woah! What a great day!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I can only hope it goes without saying, but in case it doesn't, we're so thankful here for health, happiness, our family and friends!!

Another moment punctuating our blessings was at the Turkey Trax run this morning when the donations going to each charity were announced. We knew how fortunate we were standing there ready to participate in a fun run, able to contribute to the donations and not requiring the charity's services. Truly a moment of thanks.

While the run was for serious causes, it was still, indeed, a fun run! Here we go!
It was about 42 degrees when we arrived, and we had almost an
hour 'til the run began. The youngest Pit Crewers took shelter from
the temp and the wind in their favorite race spot! They usually have
fruit and Pop-Tarts back here, but they're also usually waiting for
me. Not this time! They're about to hit the pavement!
Some of us needed last-minute assistance!
There we are, ready to go!
Almost 900 people participated! Check this out, though ... just 4
hours away, another Turkey Trax race was taking place with
9,000 participants!! Holy moly! Anyway, look close ... there's
Aaron (gray pants, white shirt, white ear warmer) and the Crew
on the asphalt! (In between the trees)
The arrangement was that I take off running
while Aaron and Crew did their things at their
paces. I had the camera with me, so I took
this pic along the way without stopping to do
so. I couldn't believe it turned out! Anyway,
that's quite a line of people in front of me! It
goes to the end of the road there at the horizon
line and all the way to the end of the run! We
had just passed the first mile and could hear
the announcement of the first person about to
finish! (And, if I ever thought my ponytail knew
how to rock a race, check that one out!)
It wasn't terribly long after I finished that the
fam came around the corner! There's Pit Crew
#2! She did awesome and was super proud!
Pit Crew #3 was determined to run past the
man in the black jacket ... so he did! That man
had a dog with him, too, so watching my boy
jam around the dog was very funny!
Here comes Aaron! So proud of him for power walking that route!
A little knee cartilage transplant will take the run out of a person,
but it won't take the spirit!
Reunited! So happy! A little smelly! We had so much fun!
(Hey, there's that man and dog! Did I mention it was a big dog?!)
Anyway, what a great experience to do this as a family!
How lucky am I!?!
And, then: check ... this ... out ...

Triple ...

Cha ...
Ching!
And, before the run began, Pit Crew #3
found a frog. Booyah!
Finding treasures seems to be a family forte! As I've said before: Running Pays! (even in frogs!)

With that, I wish you the very best this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment