Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pushing Through

For the record, running with a swollen bruised area kind of hurts. It's nothing major by any means, but it's not comfy. All the while, though, I was thinking about how thankful I am that it's just tissue, not bone. Whew!

Given that the faster I went the more I felt the sore twinges, I should have been thankful that Elly slowed me down because she would not get out of this stretch of leaves:
In case you're wondering, I'm certain every
dog in the area has paid a visit to this stretch
of leaves ... hence, Elly's keen interest ...
It's one thing for her to slow down and investigate different areas; it's entirely another for her to make it a big project and set up camp. That is annoying.

We finally got away from this stretch, which is twice as long as is shown in the picture ... not annoying at all!, and we went on our way. These miles were packed with road kill. Every half mile. It was an unfortunate route. However, I did come across a little prize:
He was right in the middle of the road, so I picked him up and brought him with us. I always think they're cute when I see people hang them in their trees at Halloween, and every time I looked at him, he made me giggle. The downside of having come across this little fellow is that my internal running music quickly became the theme from Ghostbusters. I'm not sure I could count how many times I've sung, "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" in the last hour. Be careful ... you might just start! (You're welcome.)

It's on with the day and back at it tomorrow! I'm glad to have the Turkey Trax run on the calendar; it's totally motivating me to not arbitrarily take a break! Oh, yes, it's on my mind ... it just doesn't yet need to be in my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment