Friday, November 18, 2011

Taking Full Advantage of Friday

Oh my gosh, are you as glad it's Friday as I am?! I have been looking forward to this morning for a couple of weeks because I knew I only had "everyday" things to do today ... nothing out of the ordinary. This Rest Day is one to just breathe ...

In light of that, I made two decisions today. The first is that I am definitely taking tomorrow off from running. Every fiber in my body is telling me to take it down a notch, rest, regroup and go back Monday strong. While I know I could run tomorrow, it would not be for the right reasons. It would only be to prove that I could. But, it would come at a foreseeable cost of overdoing it and wearing myself out. And, that's not worth it at all nor is it impressive even to myself. And, no one wants to deal with me when I wear myself out; the same way my life can affect my running, my running can affect the other parts of my life. So, sleeping in, here I come!! Yeah!! Take a rest, running shoes, we'll pick it back up on Monday!

The second decision today was to treat myself to my very favorite breakfast:
Holy yum, I love Subway's egg white and cheese flatbread sandwich!! I put black olives and black pepper on it with pepperjack cheese, and that's it. Paired with a cold glass of milk ... that's the way to start the day when I feel the desire to spring for it! Here's the bite of perfection right there in the corner:
Mmmm ... mmmm ... double mmmm ...

This weekend, I'll share my latest at-home favorite breakfast addition ... so stoked finding things that are so good for me and that are so easy, so I want to pass 'em on. Besides, I won't be running! That's going to feel great tomorrow (two days off in a row!)! I'm betting I get the itch on Sunday, though ... that'll make Monday fabulous! Make your Friday everything you want it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment