Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Battle

I woke up this morning to a battle between the calendar and Mother Nature. I had a run scheduled, but when I got up, it was very gray out, and I couldn't tell if it was sprinkling. I looked a little closer, and it was clear the sprinkling was starting. The bonus of it being Saturday is that I can simply move my run to Sunday. So, without much thought, mentally noted a Sunday run plan, and I went back to bed! It was a good move, too, because within five minutes, I was hunkered down under the warm comforter, a kitty was purring right next to me, and the rain began. Big time. Mother Nature looked at my calendar and scoffed. Fine by me. (I don't usually take rain on a run day in stride, so I'm enjoying this while it's happening!)

To further the day's enjoyment, I started it with a Diet Coke ... ahhh ...
... and festive decorations are emerging around the house! I do so love the holidays and all they entail! Wait, I take that back a wee bit simply because I don't enjoy the double-overtime it seems to take to motivate myself to get out there and run during December. I'm pretty certain that's my most difficult month to get through because there is so much extra going on on top of regular life! Well, clearly it's about time to push up the sleeves and get it done anyway. It always pays off, and with a Half looming just a season away, this is not the time to invent excuses ... no matter how Saturday-morning-sleep-in-comfy they are! So, here's to hoping the calendar and Mother Nature can get along. If not, I'll figure out a way to enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment