Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oh, Seriously

Okay, it turns out to be a really good thing that it's Rest Day because look:
No, that big lump is not my knee cap ... the smaller one above
the big one is my knee cap ...
Last night roller skating, I got an ouchie ...
So, last night we were roller skating, and a little girl fell down right in front of us. She fell, she did not move, and there was no time to stop and no place to go. DOWN goes Pit Crew #3. SPLAT goes Pit Crew #2. BAM I go. As you can see, I landed directly on that spot just below my knee. It was one of those impacts where you get hit so hard you think you're going to throw up. Nice.

A couple of hours of icing helped the swelling, so that's excellent. I still feel it if I move at a rapid pace which is why it's nice to have Rest Day today! It should be fine by tomorrow, and whatever I can feel I'll be able to tolerate without real issue. *sigh* I cannot articulate how glad I am that this seems to merely be a soft tissue issue (hey, that was cool to say ... tissue issue ... ha!). I wasn't interested in an injury that sidelined me. I've registered for runs, and I want to run 'em! Anyway, it's funny how we get older and realize how bad something could have been; it was way easier getting hurt when we were little and only cared about that moment!

In the meantime, while I'm taking it easier, the kitty is making sure someone is busy and active around here while she stalks the birds outside the window:
Go get 'em, Daphne ... you're a tough kitty ...
May your day be injury free!! See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment