Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yesterday's News

Okay, so here's news I could have mentioned yesterday. But, I didn't as I was overwhelmed with all of the purple things! The short of the story is that I have registered for another Half in April! It's all part of a big weekend fitness event in St. Louis ... not only am I stoked to get back in focus for another one (did I just say that? Who am I?!), but I am super-stoked because Pit Crew #3 is running in an event the day before mine! His is part of an ongoing program with the final length of his running plan taking place at this awesome event! Just picturing him crossing the finish brings tears to my eyes (yup, proudly that mom!) ... knowing how it feels to do so, I can't wait for him to experience the same! I already can't wait to make signs! I'm so proud!!

So, with the new plan, my focus yesterday was on new shoes (which I will try tomorrow ... here's to hoping). Hence, this is yesterday's news, but it still rules!!

In the meantime, you know we totally dig our newfound yummy food of sweet potato fries (or, as has been dubbed around here, "Mom Fries"). Well, in the spirit of trying something new, I tried a grilled sweet potato at a local event here yesterday:
The verdict: Pretty yucky. Before I took a bite, Aaron, who also gave it a whirl, said, "Remember all of those things about sweet potatoes you always hated? Yeah, they're still there."

Bite one: Gross.
Bite two taken while exhaling to keep the odor away: Not terrible, not good.
Bite three while holding my nose: Not terrible, not any better.
Bite 4 dipping the bite in white wine: Good until the wine went away.
One final bite like a real person: No good.

I'm finished. We'll stick with Mom Fries! Let Rest Day commence, and I'll see you after the morning run in my new Lightening-Titanium-Periwinkle shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment