Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Topsy-Turvey Week

Normally, I really like a girl with the umph to make a decision and be convicted about it. It turns out, I only like girls of the human variety in this regard; dogs are a different story. On our little outing this morning, Elly had all kinds of ideas about which way we should go, how fast we should go, when we should stop, etc etc etc. Now, I give on the pace because it totally works for me but I think I should not only get the vote on where we go, but I should get that vote sans resistance. Elly had other ideas today, and even though I ultimately won, she had a grand time trying!
That was totally fun messing with you, mommy!
It was a good run nonetheless for both of us especially when it's a totally messed up week this week ... I've moved my weekend long run to Thursday, today is supposed to be Rest Day but I didn't, and tomorrow I'm supposed to run but I'm not. No need to follow that, just know it's a topsy-turvey week, and that just happens sometimes! I even took a friend up on the suggestion to go walking this morning before running, so even my run today was post 4-mile walk. Hmmm ... no wonder I wasn't in the mood for Elly's antics!

Well, the miles are in the muscles any way you slice it, and this is just a week to get through. I am no real fan of "just getting through", but that's how it works sometimes! The only real issue right now I have is this:
Empty.
Among other things to take care of today, this is one of them! So, I'm off to fill 'er up and continue on! Come along with me because tomorrow is Rest Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment