Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prizes!

This is quite possibly the most appreciated Rest Day I've had since the week I took off of running after my first 5K in 2009. After yesterday's unfortunate incident, my calves are killing me today. It's nothing I've not before experienced, and by tomorrow morning, a slow jog will do wonders to shake 'em out. It comes with the territory, and I've learned it's not that big of a deal in the long run and certainly nothing to derail current efforts and future goals.

Speaking of goals ... check ... it ... out ...
A package came in the mail ... look closely ...
Yup! It's the Diet Coke t-shirt we won from the McDonald's
Monopoly game!
Aaron, with a little help from Elly and not
so much from Lizzy, couldn't wait to tear
into it!
Like a kid on Christmas morning ...
Super score!
This shirt was WAY cooler than I even
pictured. But, there's only one. Aaron thought
he'd placate me with a sip of his Diet Coke ...
... I thought he should find out if there are
still game pieces available for the Monopoly
game, and I handed him the phone book.
We did find one McDonald's that still had pieces available. So,
we went. Remember what Aaron said:
You gotta be committed to your craft!
As of this morning, we are within mere points of scoring enough My Coke Rewards points to earn a second shirt! Seriously, this is just fun! I have to be within just a few meetings to iron out the details of my fantasy Diet Coke sponsorship deal ...

Enjoy whatever's on the docket today! I'll be taking care of the calves situation so I'm ready to hit it tomorrow! On the docket: Single-digit miles ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment