Friday, October 14, 2011

Topsy-Turvey Week Continues!

Wasn't this supposed to be Rest Day? Yeah, I thought so, too. But, things change! It all started when I was up at 6 a.m. I noted it was still very dark outside. I then thought ahead to tomorrow's run and that I would need to head out at 6 a.m. in order to get on with morning plans we have. But, I don't like running in the dark. It's spooky. So, I went on with my day today all the while pondering a Plan B.

That Plan B turned out to be running early this evening ... the best part being I now have two Rest Days in a row!! yeah yeah yeah!!!!

So, how'd it go today after a long one yesterday? It was mighty fine, thank you! It was windy as heck out there, though, so I actually remembered to grab that headband I failed to use yesterday ... and, off I went!
Out she heads with a kicky headband to take
on the world!
Now that the run is behind me, I've decided I prefer to avoid the rush hour time I chose for this run. While I had great options with the new sidewalk system, there were still a whole lotta cars turning right in front of me including one with no blinker warning. That can make a girl nervous when they're coming from behind! While it was fine, my vote is for doing better than "fine"!

However! Check ... it ... out ...
I know you're thinking that I went after that penny I saw in my picture yesterday. Truth be told, I kind of did ... but, once I saw the traffic situation, I knew early in the run that I was not going to even bother with that particular stretch of road (back to my safety girl status ... It's fun to find pennies and all, but I do have some standards!). Anyway, I'd just decided I wasn't going to venture quite that far when cha-ching! There one was, right at my feet! I continued on, got to my turn-around point, ran about 30 feet and double-cha-ching! There was the other one! I was just there moments ago and didn't see it, but there it was! I don't question good fortune ... seems I just pick it up!

By the way, I forgot which side of my shorty pants houses my teeny-tiny pocket, so, for quite some time, I was trying to locate it and put in the pennies. It turned out I was contorting myself in vain as I was trying to find it on the wrong side of my pants. Seriously. Dork.

So, my eye is on the penny place for Monday ... of course, I'll let you know how that turns out. And, heads up, starting January 1, the Cash Count begins to see just how much cash I rake in on these runs! Between that and my fantasy Diet Coke sponsorship, I'm just certain my amateur status is in jeopardy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment